Flights. Jet lag. Hotel rooms. Meetings. Conferences. Drinks.
Business travel can be tough for a lot of reasons including not getting a good night’s sleep- but you need your sleep so your performance and work isn’t affected.
Here are five tips for getting a good night’s sleep on a business trip.
- Make a preemptive jet lag plan. Before you go, makea plan such as including a sleep kit with eye mask, ear plugs and neck pillow.
- Avoid alcohol. It may be hard to avoid drinks with clients, but limit them, drink water in between, and opt for weaker ones.
- Hit the gym – or the hotel fitness center. As we’ve discussed before, exercise can help you sleep. Just 30 minutes will do yourbody good and increase the quality of sleep you get.
- Plan for stress. Take care of stuff at home before you go, and anticipate delays and holdups. If everything goes smoothly, great! Ifnot, at least you were ready.
- Stay hydrated and eat healthy. Avoid sugar and caffeine; eating as healthy as possible while on the road will keep your blood sugar stable and help you sleep well.
Do you have any tips for a better night’s sleep on a business trip?