You spend on average 1/3 of your time sleeping, so it’s essential to find the right bedding to fit your sleep style and needs. The pillow is a very important piece that provides an immense amount of support.
Did you know different fills actually make a huge amount of difference? Check out these options, maybe one will work for you!
- Natural fill pillow is either a down fill (which is fluffy insulation under feathers), or only feathers, or a combination of the two. These pillows offer comfort and conform to the shape of your head and neck. They are measured by the fill power, which is the amoun
t of filling that each pillow contains. The higher the fill power, the more durable and higher end it will be. They are labeled as allergen free, but are not entirely hypoallergenic due to the all-natural materials.
- Synthetic fill pillow is a man-made fill, generally made of polyester. They do not conform to the neck and head like natural fill pillows, but offer a great substitute as an inexpensive option to a down pillow. They come in hypoallergenic models also.
- Poly cluster fill pillow is a synthetic fill made of polyester and silicone bits that are small and pliable made to conform to the shape of your head and neck. This is a great alternative to down pillows because they are less expensive and they offer comparable support and softness. They are good for people with allergies because they are entirely hypoallergenic.
- Memory foam pillows are a dense sponge like pillow that forms to the shape of your head and neck, creating extra support and comfort. This pillow is great for people that have neck or spine issues and need extra support, or for people that prefer firmer pillows.
- Foam pillows are made out of a solid piece of foam, and can be used as a less expensive option to the memory foam pillow, but generally they are used as decorative non-sleeping pillows.