5 tips for Alaskans trying to sleep through the heat:
Alaskans love the summer and the midnight sun, but summers also come with their own set of challenges – the heat. Here are a few tips to help you sleep through the warm nights comfortably.
· -Air circulation. Keep your bedroom as comfortable as possible with airflow; open a window, turn on a fan, use air conditioning, or any other way to make the air move through the room and cool it down.
· -Cool off before bed. Try to bring your overall body temperature down by taking a cool shower, or going for a swim.
· -The right PJ’s. Wearing the right pajamas will help keep you cool at night and even wick moisture away from your body to help keep your more comfortable.
· -Don’t work out. Avoiding intense exercise before bed will help you keep your core temperature down and make it easier for you to fall asleep.
· -Skip the alcohol. Even if the alcohol makes you feel sleepy, it hinders the sleep process and has the potential to dehydrate you and make you feel even more tired in the morning.