CPAP, BiPAP and Ventilator Device Recall
Philips Recall: Updated 09/02/21
What You Need to Know.
- ALL patients MUST self-register to be eligible to receive a replacement unit.
- Register your machine on the Respironics website immediately @ www.philips.com/SRC-update.
- As of yesterday morning (8/29/21), Philips Respironics has sent out 200,000 letters with 40,000 going out every day. These letters also instruct you to register your machine.
- Respironics is close to beginning to send out remediation units.
- Respironics is currently replacing Dream station 1 with Dream station 2. Today, only the DS2 is an option although the FDA has now approved the new foam in the other devices. (More info on that to come. For more, read the press release issued this morning.) We do not have a timeframe as to when they will process their replacement. Any questions regarding the Dream Station 2 need to be directed to Respironics.
- The website provides current information on the status of the recall notification (U.S. only) / field safety notice (International Markets) and how to receive permanent corrective action to address the two issues.
- The website also provides instructions on how to locate an affected device Serial Number and will guide users through the registration process.
- Call 877-907-7508 if you cannot visit the website or do not have internet access.
If you have any further questions, feel free to call any of our four labs in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Soldotna, or Wasilla.
*** Alaska Sleep Clinic has safe Resmed titration machines to perform sleep studies. ***